Frequently Asked Questions.
If you're new to the College campus, LIBRARY can answer many of the questions you may have about the Library.
Mr. Patrix - Tel Ext: 500 - Male Library Mrs. Seham –Tel Ext: 444 - Female Library
- Find a book, and to see where it is and how many copies there are.
- See if a book is on loan or available for borrowing.
- Find books on a particular subject.
- Reserve a book which is out on loan,
- Check and/or renew your loans.
- Check and/or cancel your reservations.
- The item has been returned and is in the process of being re-shelved or on the book carts there. Ask at the desk.
- The item has been miss-shelved; often, circulation staff can find such an item quickly.
- A library user is using the item in the library.
- The item is missing.
- Library circulation staff will be happy to search for the book(s). Visit circulation desk and report that you cannot find the book and would like a staff member to search for it and notify you if it is located
The status tells you whether or not the item is available
- Books which are available are shown as available
- Books which are on loan show the date when the book is due to be returned
- Books which have recently been returned and not yet re-shelved will be on shelving cart
- The location tells you which Library the item is held.
- The class Number tells you where to find the item on the shelf
- 100s come before 200s, come before 300s
- 152 comes before 153
- 153.5 comes before 153.6
- 153.5 ABC comes before 153.5 DEF