Gifts & Exchange policy
The Library welcomes gifts of materials which may be of value to the Library but accepts them with the understanding that it has the right to handle or dispose of them in the best interest of the institution. Library Director / Librarian may accept material gifts from donor on behalf of the library. The Library keeps a record of all donors. Gift materials for the library will be accepted provided the following criteria:
- The materials donated to the library will be subject to the same criteria that are applied to new materials; meaning the gift will undergo review for usefulness, physical condition, indirect costs such as processing and storage.
- It is understood that the Library Director / Librarian has the authority in deciding whether and how all or part of a gift of materials is incorporated into the Library’s collection and policies.
- The Library accepts only gifts which have no “strings” attached (i.e. no special restrictions or procedures designated by the donor).
- Donors must agree that if we do not add items to the collection, we can put the items on the library book sale table, can seek exchange methods with other libraries.
- The library provides donors with an appreciation letter.
The policies above also apply to the personal collections of retiring faculty wishing to donate their collections to the library.